Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Everett Street Bistro

Portland $$ *****
I'm actually not in the position to properly rate this place, considering I didn't have an actual meal, but my drink and free bread here have convinced me that I must return for a real meal.

My friend and I came here because she wanted a snack and I wanted a drink. We saw this place, and I had remembered being on its website, on which there were pictures of yummy breads. So in we went, expecting to buy a sourdough roll or something of that sort. It was only about 4pm, so we were the only real customers there. The setting is adorable - very understated yet elegant with large windows that allow you to check out all the cute (gay) guys walking around the Pearl District.
We ordered our usuals: my friend had her coffee, I had my hot chocolate. However, when I asked for a loaf of bread (don't judge me, that's really what I remembered seeing on ESB's website!), our waiter said that's not really what they offer here. So we looked at their menu. Eh. We weren't ready for a full meal. So we said never mind, we'll just have our drinks.
Despite not having a loaf of bread, our drinks were amazing. Their hot chocolate definitely rivals that of First Cup. In fact, I think it's better because it has a lovely aftertaste that I can't quite place my finger on.

The best part was when our waiter came out again and brought us some bread! I know that under normal circumstances, bread is complimentary with dinner (and sometimes lunch). But we had told him earlier we weren't interested in a full meal and just wanted our drinks. And he gave us a nice basket full of bread with olive oil and vinegar anyway. Yay!
So, Everett Street Bistro, we're going to come again when we're craving a large meal.

Everett Street Bistro (Pearl District)
1140 NW Everett Street
Portland, Oregon 97209
Mon-Thu 11:30am - 9pm
Fri-Sun 11:30am - 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment