Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Zippy's Restaurant

Honolulu $ ****
I know, I know. It's a bit pointless to write about Zippy's; every Hawaii resident has eaten here and has formed their own opinions of this statewide chain. However, recently Zippy's has held a special place in my heart, and so I think it deserves to be on my blog.
Zippy's serves "local" food, whatever that is. From saimin to chili to teriyaki chicken, the menu reflects the diversity of our state. The quality of the food itself is nothing special. What I really appreciate about Zippy's is not its food but its convenience. In almost every neighborhood, you will find a Zippy's. At 2 am, when you are still out and about, you can always depend on Zippy's to satisfy your late night cravings. Unlike other late-night places in other cities, e.g., Montage, Hot Cake House, Zippy's is always dependable (not to mention not sketchy!). Clean, friendly, and cheap - what else could you want?

Zippy's Restaurants
Various locations
Open 24 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment