Saturday, January 16, 2010

Beachhouse at the Moana

Honolulu $$$$ *****
This was my first time having brunch at the Beachhouse and, as usual, I had to compare it to my all-time favorite, Plumeria Beach House at the Kahala Hotel. The service was efficient, but not as warm as it could have been. Unlike at Plumeria, which is literally a few steps from Kahala Beach, the Beachhouse offers merely a stunning but distant view of the blue Pacific Ocean (you only see the ocean, not the beach as well). However, I am being much too picky, just because I can.
I ordered a latte and french toast. The french toast was perfect - perhaps the best I've ever had. Great texture, just enough crisp but softer in the middle, full of cinnamon flavor, and the syrup was delicious. My latte was another story. I don't have particularly high standards for coffee, so when I say that my coffee was not good, that really says something. Perhaps I should have just gotten a plain coffee instead of a latte because I had to add so much cream and sugar to it anyway.
Regardless, the Beachhouse is still a wonderful restaurant, perhaps on the same level as Orchids at Halekulani (both of which are one step below Plumeria, of course). I look forward to returning.
Beachhouse at the Moana (Waikiki)
2365 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815-2943

No comments:

Post a Comment