Saturday, January 16, 2010

Himalayan Kitchen

Honolulu $$ *****
This is an adorable Nepalese and Indian restaurant, almost completely hidden from the rest of Kaimuki's restaurant row. After going up some stairs, past an open courtyard with some tables and chairs, I entered a festive room filled with Himalayan art. For lunch, I ordered the lamb kachoura (curry), which came with rice, some vegetables, and my choice of the following: eggplant, matar paneer, aloo gobi, mix vegitable curry, or house special lentil of the day. I ordered the matar paneer, which is a savoury curry with a surprising mix of peas and cheese. The naan was as good as always, and service was friendly. This has become my new favorite Indian restaurant in Hawaii.

Himalayan Kitchen (Kaimuki)
1137 11th Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816

No comments:

Post a Comment