Thursday, May 21, 2009

Downtown @ the HiSAM

Honolulu $$ ****
Oh how I love museum cafés. This particular one is called Downtown (because surprise! it's located in downtown) and is located on the first floor of the Hawaii State Art Museum, conveniently nicknamed HiSAM.
My friend and I came here for lunch yesterday. Reservations are a good idea because it was pretty crowded. Clean, modern, bright wood tones, with art all over the walls. Typical museum café food: sandwiches, soups, and salads. I got the black forest ham and sharp cheddar panini. It came with a salad. The panini was great (crispy bread and lots of ham), but the salad was kind of disappointing. Oh well, I don't like vegetables much anyway. Our waiter was fun. My friend and I shared a flourless chocolate torte - delicious! I wonder what they use if they don't use flour?? Hmm I won't ask too many questions. It was quite filling.
Everyone else there seemed to be downtown workers on their lunch break, which makes sense considering its location. The panini cost about $10, and the torte was about $3. After eating, make sure to go upstairs to the free art galleries!
Downtown @ the HiSAM (downtown)
250 Hotel Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
Mon-Sat 11am-2pm, First Friday 5:30pm-9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment