Friday, May 15, 2009

Veritable Quandary

Portland $$$ *****This is my new favorite place for lunch. Just as its website states, Veritable Quandary is a "dining oasis in the heart of the city." My friend and I came here for lunch on a rainy day. We were seated in the middle section of the restaurant, which looks a lot like a greenhouse, with floor-to-ceiling windows facing the greenery outside. The rain droplets sliding down the window panes and the thick white clouds encompassing the entire sky only added to the magical experience.
About two other tables were occupied the entire time we were there. I ordered the VQ Burger, which had white cheddar and aioli and came with wonderful peppered fries. My friend and I shared a tiramisu and hot chocolate for dessert. The food was delicious, the portions were huge (both of us brought home half our lunch), the atmosphere was relaxed and secluded despite its proximity to the busy streets of downtown, and the service was excellent.
My friend and I are definitely adding Veritable Quandary to our list of places at which we are going to become regulars.

Veritable Quandary
(downtown)

1220 SW 1st Ave
Portland, OR 97204
Mon 12am-2:30am, 11:30am-2:30am
Tue-Wed,Sat 11:30am-2:30am
Thu-Fri 9:30am-2:30am
Sun 11:30am-12am
~$18 for burger, fries, tiramisu, hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment