Monday, May 11, 2009

Plumeria Beach House

Honolulu $$$$ *****
This is my favorite restaurant in Hawaii - not necessarily because of the food (although, the food is great), but because of the fond memories I have of it. My family and I used to come here for many of our celebrations - Mother's Day, my going away party, Dad's birthday, etc.

Plumeria Beach House is in the Kahala Hotel, a laid-back, secluded hotel located in swanky Kahala. It's always fun driving past all the beachfront mansions to get there. Once you're at the restaurant, which is on the bottom floor of the hotel, you are given the option of sitting outside or inside. The entire restaurant is open, but you can either sit completely outside, shaded by oversized umbrellas, or inside under a roof. I always choose to sit outside, with direct views of the ocean.
I usually go for the brunch buffet, which is $30 for adults, $15 for children. The buffet is fantastic. A beautiful selection of pastries, meats (delicious bacon, sausages, pork links, ham), eggs (there is also a chef there to make any kind of omlet), pancakes, waffles, fruit, miso soup, rice, potatoes, and cereal.

The service is great and unpretentious. I have never had a bad experience here and look forward to returning this summer.

Plumeria Beach House at the Kahala Hotel & Resort (Kahala)
5000 Kahala Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816


Breakfast 6:30am-11:00am
Lunch 11:00am-5:30pm
Dinner 5:30pm-10pm
http://www.kahalaresort.com/dining/plumeria-beach-house.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment