Monday, May 18, 2009

Screendoor Restaurant

Portland $$ *****
This is a lively Southern restaurant in the southeast. My friend and I came here for brunch on Saturday. According to online reviews, the food is great but the wait is long, so we expected to be waiting for about 45 minutes. Nope- after only about 5 minutes, we were seated right by the window.Screendoor is crowded, and crowded for a good reason. To start off, we ordered the biscuits and hot chocolate. The service is kind of slow, but I guess that's what to expect when the restaurant is packed. These were the best biscuits I've ever tasted! Warm, soft, with sugar on the top, and it comes with apple butter. I ordered my usual brunch: eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes, and toast. The eggs and bacon weren't as good as Gracie's or Mother's, but the potatoes were delicious. The best part was the portions: they were HUGE! My friend had ordered the banana french toast, which came with 4 slices, and she had only been able to eat one! I brought home over half of my meal for leftovers.
Since Screendoor is a Southern restaurant, there are some pretty interesting dishes, such as the fried chicken and waffle and, of course, grits. When you come, try to come with a small party so you're seated quickly.

Screendoor Restaurant (Southeast)
2337 E Burnside
Portland, OR 97214
Dinner: Tue-Sat 5:30pm-10pm, Sun 5:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Sat-Sun 9am-2:30pm
~$15 for biscuits, eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment