Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Higgins Restaurant & Bar

Portland $$$$ *****
This is the best restaurant I have been to in Portland.

That being said, I've only been there once, and I could only afford to go there once because my friend's parents were visiting and paid for my meal. (Don't you just love parents?)
Cozy, elegant French restaurant located on the edge of downtown. I forgot our waiter's name, but he was fantastic. All I remember is that he's Scottish and obviously loved his job.

Another great thing about not having to pay for your own meal is that, for the first time in months, I could actually have a multi-course meal. My friend and I shared the oyster appetizer, while her parents shared the charcuterie plate. For my entrée, I ordered the special, which was the cod laid on top of a cloud of mashed potatoes and roasted carrots, drizzled with an apple vinagrette. De-licious! Dessert was amazing as well, but that was to be expected since I always love dessert.
Hopefully another friend's parents will come because I am dying to return to Higgins!

Higgins Restaurant and Bar (downtown)
1239 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205
Mon-Fri 11:30am-12:00am
Sat 4:00pm- 12:00am
Sun 4:00pm-12:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment