Monday, May 11, 2009

Papa Haydn

Portland $$$ *****


Hands down, Portland's most popular dessert place. I haven't tried any of their other meals, but Papa Haydn's desserts are definitely their specialty. For about $8 you can have an autumn meringue, cassata, boccone dolce, chocolate hazelnut torte, lemon chiffon cake. Every time I go, I have to first look at the dessert case and see which one I feel like having that day. Upscale setting. There are two: one in Nob Hill and one in Sellwood.


Papa Haydn
701 NW 23rd Ave (Nob Hill)
Portland, Or 97210
Mon-Thurs 11:30am-10pm
Fri-Sat 11:30am-12am
Sun 10am-10pm

5829 SE Milwaukie Ave (Sellwood)
Portland, OR 97202
Mon-Thurs 11:30am-10pm
Fri-Sat 11:30am-12 am
Sun 10am-9pm

1 comment:

  1. "Hands down, Portland's most popular dessert place."

    It's Portland's most popular dessert place for a particular crowd. I think Pix is actually more popular for younger people, but I think in terms of sheer quantity Papa Haydn is larger.

    -Zach

    ReplyDelete